My Bohemian Breakfast Wedding


I’m so in love with our wedding. Our idea was perfect for us for so many reasons and I wanted to share a little more on why we did what we did. 

Let me start off by saying breakfast weddings are GENIUS. From a financial standpoint they’re a lot cheaper, not to mention who doesn’t love brunch?! We had a set budget of 5,000$, so fitting a massive nighttime wedding with lots of booze (which we don’t drink) into our budget on top of figuring out proper vegetarian dinner entrees for a family that’s not vegetarian, was just out of the question for me. Being fresh into postpartum I wanted the simplest, most elegant version of my favorite things. 

Invitations from June Arbor Designs on Etsy 

We began our planning with the location and theme. We knew it was breakfast oriented, and Dylan and I met while working together at a coffee shop, so we picked a coffee themed wedding. The location was easy because the beach is cheap and we spend most of our time there. It was simple to get a permit for the location on the beach that we wanted, you just do that through whatever county you live in or want to get married in.











Donuts provided by Dutch Heritage 
Coffee provided by Perq Coffee Bar
Flowers provided by Beneva Flowers
Dress by BHLDN for 400$

Flowers were another important part of my day so that came next in our planning process. My brother’s favorite flower was a sunflower, and every time I see one I think of him, so we picked bright beautiful sunflowers for every aspect of decorating. I wanted to see him everywhere and feel like he was apart of our day so we set a larger budget for the flowers. Figuring out what’s most meaningful to you means your money will be better spent. 


We started our day at the beach with cold brew coffee from our favorite coffee shop and yummy donuts with white icing. The ceremony was provided by my beautiful cousin to make it even more personal. Since we didn’t have a cake to worry about that was a huge cost that was cut. Donuts are cheap, trendy, and one of my all time favorite foods. It was a win win all around! 
After the ceremony we went to a cool little French themed cafe in downtown Sarasota’s historic district. There was greenery everywhere and it felt like we were transported to a little fairy garden






We decided to keep the menu completely vegetarian, not everyone was fond of that but that’s who we are. It kept the food budget low but was still extremely delicious. We had fruit, cheese, and olive  tables with champagne to greet everyone upon arrival, then when we sat down for our actual brunch we had the choice of two great salads, crepes, assorted tea sandwiches and of course tea, coffee and more champagne. Everything was edible for me and that was all I cared about. I didn’t like the idea of spending money on food I had no interest in having, afterall it’s my day! 

If you asked me 5 years ago if this is what I imagined for our wedding I would’ve said no, but after everything was said and done, it was exactly what we needed for our kids and for our budget. We didn’t feel stressed about how much we spent and were even able to buy a house for our family with the remaining wedding money we had saved! 






Comments

Popular Posts